Monday, April 13, 2009

eight easter things

We were lucky to have a long weekend at home (and three blog posts in so many days to show for it!). Though we missed visiting with Andy's family, we really needed this down time to refuel, do some projects and relax. With baby's arrival pending (the 4 week countdown has begun), it felt good to just be here. I did go into work a couple days, but that's part of the grand plan to "GET EVERYTHING DONE". (Yes, I do know that's a fantasy)
.

We dyed some easter eggs. I tried some natural dyes I hadn't tried before and was really happy with the deep blue that came from red cabbage, and the bright yellow that tumeric gave us. Let's just say that the pink from the beets was not photo worthy.

Iris was thrilled with what the Easter Bunny brought (yes we were up before dawn, thus the flash photos). The highlight by far was the Rubber Duckie. She has been telling us for months that "when spring comes little sister will be here, the cows will be back in the pasture, Nana will get me a kitty, and I'll get a rubber duckie". Not sure where the obsession came with the duck, but all I can say is, one down.


Baskets of birds, made with love by Nana.

And no Easter would be complete without the Nana-made Easter dress, this year with a matching one for Nora.

First spring bike ride. This girl LOVES her bike, no pressure from Papa of course.

And kites with Grampy.

And some relaxing for all.

No comments: