


This weekend found us at the Vernon County Fair. Such a lovely little fair it is. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and though I tried not to, I think I might have bored my family a little with all of my fond memories of the fair. It's been years since I've been back, but for a long time this fair was a
really big deal. I couldn't wait for fall to bring us to fair time. For some reason my parents were up for arranging to get my horse (and likely several rabbits, cats, vegetables, sewing and photography projects too) to the fair for showing. But the horse... 5 days of horse barn! Brushing, braiding tails, lounging on hay bales reading, waiting for exercise time, and of course running around the fair. It was little bit of heaven for this 12 year old girl! As I walked the isle of that familiar barn (and saw the braided tails of other much loved ponies) I found myself hoping maybe our girls would join these ranks some day as well.





The girls had so much fun. Giant pumpkins. A ride on the merry-go-round. A bit of horse racing. Cheese curds and french fries. Animal barn after animal barn. And despite the cold, a big ice cream cone to share (o.k. Elsa didn't get much, but she
loved what she tasted!) . It was a good day.
Wishing you a lovely week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment