

Our kids are pretty clueless about Halloween. I mean we've explained it a little, but I'm not a huge believer, at least in the candy-commercialized Halloween. I figure we'll milk the cluelessness as long as possible. So again this year we got away with simple. Pumpkin carving, a nice costume potluck with friends and of course a stop at Nonnie's for popcorn treats.
Then, today was Papa's birthday. Birthday's are now
so exciting around here. Much more so for the four year old than the thirty-seven year old, I think. But it's sweet how much she loves a good birthday. Anyone's birthday, but especially a Papa's birthday.
So the day started out with family style pancake breakfast followed by some good old fashioned covered wagon building- Laura and Mary style.




Later in the day some of Papa's favorite things: Digging in the garden (finally the last of the root crops are in-carrots and winter radishes). A bit of chicken wrangling (winterizing their chicken tractor). Voting (o.k. that was just birthday coincidence). A supper of wild rice/celeriac gratin with birthday brownies for dessert.

Happy Birthday sweet Papa. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment