Sunday, December 26, 2010

holiday week

Last week was busy and joyous. Here's the week's photos.


Visiting kitties and llamas at a friend's farm.

Solstice. We love this time of year and all its holiday busyness. In the middle of it all we are especially drawn to solstice. One evening of quite and celebration-- of both winter and the light to come. Our girls find it magical. So do we.

This year I borrowed an idea I saw on line somewhere and whipped up some quick "solstice jammies". Easy and fun to sew, these warm pants are perfect for slipping on for the first night of winter. Might just turn into a solstice tradition around here.

Also so fun to model. C'mon mama, seriously!

And of course we ended the week with lots of family, good food and gift exchange. We have a bit more of that to come....

Wishing you all peace and joy in the new year!

1 comment:

Carin said...

I so love your posts and photos, Jonel! I think we'll need to add solstice jammies next year. :) Next time we come to visit, can we visit the llamas? I love llamas! :) Happy New Year, peace and love to you and the family,
Carin