Monday, May 9, 2011

what a weekend


Big weekend around here. We started out with a little belated Earth Day tree planting. Oaks this year. Iris was super helpful since she has learned how to tie a square knot and loves to put it into use on everything.

Marker flags were just the right thing.

And yep, yesterday was a very special day for a very special two-year old. Big happenings with birthday pancakes and a visit from Nina and Poppy...

birthday cake at the park (a baby chick cake, by Nonna)...

and as usual we tried our best at some handmade gifts. Iris made Elsa a potholder on her little mini-loom (you know the classic one we all made potholders on). And I think the potholder was Elsa's most favorite gift, truly.

Iris and I also made Elsa (and one for the big girl too) a "collection bag" out of old window screen and fabric scraps. Perfect for all things dirty and sandy picked up from forest, field and beach.

A lovely day for this little bundle of good humor and joy. This little girl, with her eyes full of mischief and a smile so ready could not be more loved. Happy Birthday sweet Elsa Mae.

And happy, happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there. May the joys of parenting be with you always.

Stayed tuned, something else big happened around here this weekend, but it's just too much excitement for one post. More to come. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Mary said...

So cute. I can't believe I've never met your girls! Too many years have gone by....but I might be coming to WI in the fall - I'll keep you posted! That collection bag would be great for morels! They are just barely starting to come on here - I found a few in our driveway on Mom's Day.
Can't wait for the next post and the big surprise!
Hugs to all of you ~ mary