A pot of our favorite lentil soup and another round of chicken pox. We're settling in for a cozy winter weekend. Hope yours is too!Saturday, February 11, 2012
weekend work
We ordered our garden seeds last week. Each year seed order time puts me in a bit of a tizzy because of the way it signals spring. However distant. And at this time of year, I must say, I'm not ready for spring. I love winter (despite our lack of it this year). I love white snow and bright blue sky. I love the woodstove crackling and red rosy cheeks. Most of all I love the way time slows down and we find whole evenings to talk, craft, cook, read. Oh how I love that. Here's what winter looked like last week.
The kids love this recipe for German Pancakes. There is something magical about watching it puff up huge in the oven and then slowly scrunch itself down to "vole tunnels". Quick, easy, full of eggs and tasty too.

Iris and Elsa got legos for Christmas, but I must say, the plastic buckets they came in weren't my favorite. Not easy to open, no fun to look at on the toy shelf! I found a pattern for these cute fabric buckets and finally got around to whipping a couple up. They did the trick and the girls have found all kinds of things to do with them besides store legos!
Of course while I was on Maya's Etsy page I couldn't resist the Renovation Skirt pattern either. Just a simple as she says. And I even figured out the lettuce hem on the bottom of the skirt! T-shirt deconstruction and skirt assembly in under an hour. That's my kind of sewing!
A pot of our favorite lentil soup and another round of chicken pox. We're settling in for a cozy winter weekend. Hope yours is too!
A pot of our favorite lentil soup and another round of chicken pox. We're settling in for a cozy winter weekend. Hope yours is too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment