Monday, August 20, 2012

reality

Someone commented recently, after reading this blog, about how sweet and blessed our lives seem.  You know, our lives are sweet and blessed and I try to remember that everyday.  But, just so you are not deceived, dear blog readers, please remember this here little blog is just 30 minutes of writing on a Monday night.  Sometimes it's 30 minutes of digging deep (really deep) to find something beautiful and peaceful to write about.  I love that you read this blog and stay connected to us, but this blog is really, selfishly, for us.  It's a quiet moment in a busy life to reflect on the positive, even when the positive is hard to find.  And sometimes it is.  This is a practice for me.  Me, who is not always full of sunny disposition.  It's also a record of the wonderful moments in each week for our children to (hopefully) read one day.

I looked back recently and realized I've been writing this blog for almost 4 years.  Over 200 posts.  I didn't know what I was getting into when I started but I've stayed true to the intention, and that feels good.  So there aren't a lot of posts about our dark moments (if you want to see hints of them, just click the "parenting" label in the right hand column).  Sure I write about chicken pox, and beloved animals dying and the peppers not producing (o.k. I haven't written about that yet, but you should know it's really irking me), but those are the kinds of hardships we all endure, that we learn and grow from in positive ways.  I don't write much about the moments I'm not proud of.  But there are moments of yelling, there are moments of anger, isolation, threats and tears.  Plenty.  There is also an adequate amount of indecision, doubt and just plain stumbling.  

Just like you we are trying to figure it out.  To become more of what we want to be, what our children need us to be.  To see through to the end of each day those positive intentions we set before ourselves when we vow to start anew.   Just like you, there is beauty in our lives and we are determined to call it out.

No comments: