Tuesday, January 1, 2013

happy new year

 

We're back.  A whirlwind of a week.  Lovely Christmas at home with Grampy on Christmas Eve (Iris was SO proud to ski with her Grampy and he kept her giggling with his silly-falling-down antics the whole time).   Christmas day with more friends and family, sledding, and food at our place.  Then on to the Cities for a weekend with our good friends in St. Paul and Andy's family in Minneapolis. 
We skated. 
A lot.
Oh my.  Andy truly is a Minnesota boy who has been on his skates since he was Iris' age.  He played hockey all through highschool and for fun in college.  
(The 1982 Squirts Hockey Squad.) 
  
(The 1991-92 Bison Hockey Squad.)
A little pick up game with the neighborhood boys in St. Paul.  Just like old times.
On Monday we went to watch Andy's dad's team practice.  He coaches Benilde-St. Margaret varsity girls hockey.  Their team is number one in the state.  Holy cow can these girls skate.  I don't really know much of anything about hockey, but even I could see talent on the ice.  I loved watching our girls watch those girls.  The speed, the agility, the toughness, the comradery.  They were riveted.  So was I.  So, glad he coaches girls! 

Of course later that day we had to hit the ice again ourselves.  The girls could not wait to skate with their poppy.



And then just before the end of the day, the kids cleared off the ice and I was able to catch a few shots of Andy and his dad passing the puck.  The perfect end to a really sweet week.

Wishing you all a lovely start to the new year.

No comments: