Monday, February 18, 2013

soaking up winter

Our garden seeds arrived in the mail last week.  It's always exciting to open up the packages and see the brightly colored labels. I can almost taste the sunshine and feel the heat in the garden.  This year those packages also brought just a wee bit of trepidation with them.  Their arrival signals the lengthening of days, the coming of spring.  The rush into busy-ness.  Oh, but just some more time by the fire please.  Our garden log shows that at this time last year we were tapping trees!  We can be thankful that we haven't had that kind of early spring, but it is on its way.  The chickadees are singing it so.

This weekend we celebrated that it is still winter around here, after all. I needn't get too worried just yet.  Plenty of ice on the lake at Grampy's, plenty of winter projects (like beer brewing) still under way, and still time by the fire to practice fiddle.  Oh, this girl does rock my world (violin practice attire all her own). 
 




 

1 comment:

Carin said...

OMG, it's been too long since I've checked your blog. Look at those beauties. It will be great to see you all next weekend. Is Iris really learning to play??? We need to get our kiddos in some lessons. I feel like such a slacker!

much love,
Carin