I know that the weather this year is really more typical of normal, and truly I'm glad for that (and the bit of extra winter project time it buys us), but still with cardinals singing their spring song, and robins showing themselves...we're getting a bit antsy. It was a good weekend for egg dying. Sweet springy colors.
A friend and her little son came over to help with the fun. In a lovely tangle of kids and questions and chatter we managed to get several eggs dyed. From left to right: onion skins (mottled yellows and orange), red cabbage (blue) and black beans (!) for the purple.
Saturday brought just enough warmth to shed coats during our hike and we couldn't help notice that the sun is clearly lengthening those shadows.
So, I figure I better put my feet up by this fire just a few more times, because spring is on her way. Ready or not! Happy first week of spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment