Monday, March 10, 2014

last ski of the season

This big girl has really enjoyed the ski season.  Especially this last one with the Gramps.  When the going got tough, he mixed it up with plenty of silliness, fake falls, and snow in the face (just like I remember when I was a kid) and brought the smiles out again.  Oh, how she adores him.

And this little girl has had her last season, I do believe (and Andy does declare), of free-ridin'.  The ol' skijoring belt sure came in handy this year for hauling that girl around on trips that were just too long for her 4-year old legs.  But if her recent hoola-hooping mastery shows anything about her growing up, I'm certain she'll be keeping up just fine next year!

And today it's 50 degrees!  Snow melting everywhere, bare ground already starting to show through here and there.  Oh skis, you've done us well this year, but I do believe your turn may be over.  Back to the shed with you.  Hello rake and hoe!

No comments: