Sunday, October 25, 2015

twelve+


 
Today we remembered twelve years ago when we gathered with two close friends on the shores of Lake Superior and tied the knot.  It was late October in the Northwoods, chancy time of year to have a ceremony outdoors, but the day dawned beautiful and warm and fall colors were at peak. We took it for the good omen it was.

We wrote our own vows, and in honesty, I haven't read them for quite a few years.  Today I pulled them out.  Mine are wordy and flowery as you might expect. Yours are straight forward and true, just like you. And now, on this road we still travel together, they feel as true as ever.

Twelve years ago I wrote:
...I know that in the hours life leaves us naked, we will play for each other the music of hope.

Over and over and over, the music of hope.

...Together we have built a life that is strong, simple and so full of love. Each day I open my heart and lay down a gift of thanks for all we've been given.  I wish for us a life's journey that is rich in wonder and joy.Today good friend and keeper of all my heart's secrets, I am honored to join my life to yours...

A life rich in wonder and joy.  A life that is strong and simple and so full of love.

Right now. Right here. And I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world.

I love you so.

2 comments:

PMS Patti said...

So Powerful and so wonderful.
Congratulations to you both!
Much love,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to two beautiful people! Inside and out! Here is to many more!