This is the last of the photos, I swear, but I couldn't leave out the the highlight of the whole trip for the girls: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Just outside of the tiny town of Kenab, Utah this sanctuary is like nothing you've ever seen. Inhabiting its own beautiful canyon, the 3,000 acres is home to over 1,700 animals, all rescues. We had planned only one day of volunteering, but the girls couldn't get enough (and they were only old enough to help in Cat World, you have to be ten to move on up to Dog Town!) so we stretched the schedule to accommodate another day of helping. Because one really can't get enough time to stroller cats, walk them on leashes and entertain them with endless cat toys (all in the name of socializing of course). It's really an incredible place, we'll be back one day I'm sure.





No comments:
Post a Comment