Iris turned twelve this weekend. We celebrated with messy-hair breakfast pancakes (and her last year of the birthday ring!), presents at home and at Nonnie's and tree fort building with friends.
It was a good weekend, and a really hard weekend. Our hearts ached harder than ever. We missed him.
And I watched her shine with confidence. Friday she did her first full-day babysitting gig and I think she rocked it. She came home glowing. This girl. Full of her dad's empathy and kindness. Full of her own resilience and hope. Full of love for this suffering world. I know that she'll make it a better place. So thankful to be by her side.




3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Iris! We love you so much. Hugs to you and Elsa and your mama.
Happy Birthday Iris. Stunning portrait of her. She's blooming just like the flower in her hand. I see so much of Andy and you in her. Much love to you all.
Happy Belated Birthday Iris! You are a beautiful spirit and your daddy would be proud of you.
Post a Comment