Sunday, December 28, 2008

at home

Andy and I were surprised to realize that this was the first year (since our childhood) that we'd awoken to Christmas in our own home. With Iris here to greet the festivities, it felt just right.

Christmas Eve with Grampy. Wasn't hard to keep her entertained!

Our (second annual) Christmas Eve tradition: homemade mozzarella for fresh pizza making.
Temperature watching is the hardest part...

Here are the curds...

And the warm, fresh mozzarella...

A fun and easy recipe found here: http://animalvegetablemiracle.org/Recipes.html
under "30-minute Mozzarella".

Cousin Morgan's glorious princess dress made by Nana.

True love. "Nolie" (named lovingly after cousin Nolen- in background) joins our family and life will never be the same. Mama Iris here with Nolie in the front carrier "sling".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonel & Andy, You are giving Iris such a sweet childhood -- you should be proud! I wish we were there to cuddle up in the cold, eat homemade pizza (yum!), do arts and crafts and listen to music. I hope we will be able to visit when we return to the States... thanks for including us in family happenings. Much love, Nicole & Onur