Thursday, February 26, 2009

conjuring spring

So, the weather warmed briefly again. Andy heard robins and the dogs begged to spend hours laying outside on the still frozen, but sun warmed ground. The artichokes and little blue stem on the seed table have sprouted and I'm convinced we've turned a corner. There are moments when it clearly smells like spring - despite the fact that it's still February! I've got the itch and tried to quell it a bit tonight with a tour through some inspiring old photos. Especially since it decided to turn cold and dump a whole lot of sleet and ice on us today. We look forward to the wild treats of spring. Above, a haul of morels, wild leeks and spring nettles. Yummy omelet making!

I took these photos several years ago at the Minnesota Arboretum. http://www.arboretum.umn.edu/ I love this shot of the edible and decorative garden. Native pagota dogwood in the center and check out that border of chard!

Herbs with a magnificent backdrop.

Our humble garden, I think this was the first year. Love this shot of Lily sniffing the coneflower. She's such a goof.

Hope your dreams are full of lovely too.

No comments: