Hope your accomplishments were happy too.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
accomplishments
It was one of those weeks where I was super busy at work, and ended up bringing it home with me. If only to "work" on it in my sleep, and drive Andy crazy with "work" talk. I'm always a bit out of sorts in weeks like these, there is this nagging feeling like I'm forgetting something important. Oh yeah, like my family and our life! So, tonight I looked back on this week's photos and realized, with gratitude, that goodness continued to happen around here, despite the fact that my mind spent a lot of time at "work" this week.
I brushed burrs out of Rambler and then Andy and Iris took him for a lazy stroll around the pasture. He glowed with the attention and Iris was in heaven.
Iris tried out her new stencils. She calls them puzzles. I can see it from her perspective. It's hard, when your two, to make the pencil stick to the edge!
We noticed that some of the seeds on our seed table have sprouted! Little blue stem reaching for the sun. Aren't we all these days?
I bought some new lovely organic cotton yarn at Ewetopia. I couldn't pass up this sweet lavender color, thinking maybe I'd squeak in a simple project that would fit our new little one this spring. Mostly just fawning over the yarn, no decision on a pattern yet. I also bought a skein of of the same yarn in a sweet spring green and cast on a quick baby hat for a friend who will welcome her first next month.
We had a lot of really large tea parties.
It was finally warm enough (well, sort of) to try out the new rubber boots. Iris has been dying to get at those big puddles.
Of course, there is so much to discover in the icy depths of that murky water. Soggy stick anyone?
And today we started tapping the maples. Yes, we are told the sap is running. Exciting. Iris was much more interested in the shelf (or "shell", as she calls them) mushrooms.
Hope your accomplishments were happy too.
Hope your accomplishments were happy too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment