Wednesday, March 25, 2009

signs

They can't be missed now. The signs of spring are everywhere, and despite the cold March wind today, Iris and I went searching. Red winged blackbirds, turkey vultures and meadow larks (!) and happily the tulips.

The spinach we over-wintered in the cold frame is starting to look robust again and I'm delighted that Iris wants to pick and eat handfuls. (Maybe we are moving back out of the two-year-old-can't possibly-touch-anything-on-my-plate-that-is-green! Just in time for garden season!).

O.K. outside the nature realm, I couldn't pass up these springy thrift store finds last weekend. Two vintage aprons (no, I don't often wear aprons, but I think I might have to start) and two bowls in sweet easter egg colors.


The Season's Table has shed it's winter polar bear and wooden pine trees to host a flock of spring sheep and assorted fowl. Iris REALLY wants a baby lamb. Hear that, Easter Bunny?

1 comment:

Debbie Pavick said...

my, that spinach looks tasty! happy spring-