Sunday, March 29, 2009

take a load off

Andy just finished up the lovely bench that has been in the planning since we built our house. We've had ready the little slab of tiles (used often for muddy boots), right inside the door, just waiting for the bench. I think it may have been a toddler needing help with boots and snow pants (o.k. and a mama with what has become a BIG belly, who can't bend over anymore to get her boots on) that pushed this project to completion. Whatever it was, we LOVE it, and the handy guy who made it happen.

Chunky local cherry on top, with lovely ash legs.

Come on over and take a load off!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The bench is truly beautiful. Can't wait until I see it in person.

Nicole said...

I guess if Andy can build a house, he can build a spectacular bench. It seems to go perfectly in that space and with the feeling of the house. Enjoy! Hope you are in good health and spirits with the pregnancy. :)

Carin said...

Beautifully done!!

Want to do any work around our house? :)