I'm re-reading a simple, but thoughtful parenting book called "Mitten Strings for God" (it's not religious (really) despite its title). In her chapter on discipline the author says this:
"It's not what I do as a mother, but who I am as a human being that will make a deep and lasting impression on my children. I can bring peace to my children only when I possess it myself." Genius. Words to live by.
On another parenting note, we've been digging (again) some children's music that is great for bouncing fussy babies, or just jamming in the car. We always say, you know you've got a good kids album when mom and dad keep it cranked long after the kids have nodded off. In case you are looking for some great new tunes, here are a few of our favorites:
Elizabeth Mitchell
Dan Zanes
Father Goose
African Playground
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment