


There are two posts going on in my mind tonight. The first one is about how lovely Autumn is. About rosy cheeks and hats and apple sauce, and firing up the woodstove, and hearty soups with the last vegetables before the freeze, and the way it feels so cozy inside.

The second one is about how tough today was. Not tough, like facing poverty or hunger or war, not serious tough. Just tough like needing to give yourself a parent time-out before you say something you shouldn't- and then saying it anyway. Just tough like wishing you could rewind and start over. Tough like wishing you could have the day to yourself and then feeling guilty. Tough like wondering if you somehow made her "this way".
Last night I read
this great post. It's good to remember that 3 is still very little. Defiance is strength. This too shall pass.
At the end of this day, she sat down to her bowl of soup, after refusing to sit in her booster seat and ate most of the vegetables while kneeling on a BIG chair and merrily chatting our ears off. She is her own girl. And ours too.
2 comments:
Hey,
I have those days too... the ones where I go to bed feeling guilty because I wasn't the mom I wanted to be for that day. I have a plaque that says, "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying…
'I will try again tomorrow!" Take care!
:)Mitzi
We have a lot of those days with Lila. I feel bad that I fell like I'm yelling at her all the time. No, don't put that in Mason's face. No, don't sit on him. No, he can't have that. Get your tongue back in your mouth. Get that toy out of your mouth! Stop being sassy. I told you not to do that and now it's broken. If you don't put your toys away.... If I get to 3 you're going to lose a book! Ugh.
It's 3. It's 3, it's 3, it's 3. Almost everyone I know with a 3-yr-old has the same stories. God love 'em anyway. :)
Post a Comment