

Every year in April we plant some trees. I like to think of it as a bit of an Earth Day tradition. Some years we plant more than others. This year we got a bulk order from the DNR-300 white pine and spruce. They are little, so it really doesn't take too long to plant them, and Iris enjoyed the work. I hope it will be fun for her to look back at these photos in years to come and marvel at how much the trees (and she!) have grown.

Oh, and then, I can't even believe it...our first asparagus. Just four little shoots for each of us at supper, but we just couldn't wait a day longer. It's so early this year and I know it's bound to get some frost bite, but I'll be happy to run out just before bed and throw a sheet over it. In fact I'd probably be happy to curl right up next to it and keep it warm all night long. Fresh asparagus and loads of spinach from the cold frame. I think it's all I'll eat for at least the next two months.
Plant a tree, eat some local asparagus, honor your earth.
1 comment:
Jonelle,
Andy gave me some helpful advice in planting our first asparagus patch last year and it has paid off! I know that we will enjoy ours as much as you are enjoying yours! Tell Andy thanks! Bon appetit!
Post a Comment