Sunday, April 11, 2010

time out






We pitched the to-do list this afternoon and loaded everyone up for a bike ride. And oh, what a glorious afternoon it was. The spring flora is just starting to pop everywhere and I couldn't take my eyes (or camera) off it. Wild leeks carpeted the forest floor along the trail with anemones, skunk cabbage, lily, and marsh marigolds sprinkled throughout. It was magical, I was sure there were little forest elves running around just out of sight. Iris and Elsa enjoyed the ride too. Iris alternated between riding her own bike and squishing into the cart with Elsa who complained about being a wee bit too crowded. There was some sibling bickering. Andy and I had to laugh a bit as we road our bikes with the sound of complaining then giggling, complaining then giggling floating up from behind.

Wishing you sunshine in the week ahead.

No comments: