Saturday, July 31, 2010

valley of the elves











Today, at the (rightly) insistent recommendation of our friend Chuck, we headed to the Valley of the Elves. He had told us it was ripe for fairy and elf hunting. He couldn't have been more correct.

Iris was in heaven and despite the very fierce mosquitoes she begged to stay and stay and stay. She loved the waterfalls, rock steps, fairy coves and the cool, sandy cave at the end of the journey. I pretty much had to drag her out of there, which I only did because I'm a grown up and I know what 100,000 mosquito bites are going to feel like at 1:00 AM. As she trudged up the hill toward the car she said "but I really thought I'd hold a fairy in my hand today" Oh boy. So I explained how shy and elusive these little fairies are. She decided that if they live under toadstools she could probably find one sometime. I'm sure she is right. I promised we'd come back and search again soon.

Thanks Chuck. Next time we hope you'll come along.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Great pictures, if I knew where this was at I would go. We were at your house today but you were all gone-what a hard place to find!