

Spring has sprung, alarmingly early this year. Last year at this time we had just started harvesting maple sap, in plenty of snow! This weekend it hit 80 degrees here in Wisconsin, the sap is long done flowing, the maples are budding out and the girls played in the sandbox barefoot. Weird I say. A friend of mine posted this today about the weather: "I can't help an ominous feeling; maybe like the curious folk who walked out into the retreating sea in Indonesia minutes before the Tsunami washed away the life they knew." I get it.But despite all that, we basked in it. How could we not? A few lovely things from right now:
Pussywillow bouquets on the table.
Dinner on the patio with fresh spinach from our coldframes.
3 gallons of syrup, canned and in the root cellar.
Little House on the Prairie obsession. Books and dresses (good thing my mom saved mine!), and egg collecting just like the good old days.
Happy Monday all.
1 comment:
Jonel~ I couldn't help myself so I walked up to peruse the garden last night. I couldn't believe it.... my strawberry plants are 6 inches tall! Now I hope for no frost.... what a crazy spring.
Post a Comment