I've been cooking up plans for some art supply/home school material organization for months. Andy recently scored some chestnut logs (now sawed into boards) and he and I have both mentally designed the piece he will one day build for this little corner of our kitchen. Trouble is, chestnut is not yet dry and Andy's shop is not yet done. So, I've been stopping at thrift and antique stores regularly, sure that just the perfect piece (long, lean and cheap) would present itself for temporary use. It wasn't. This weekend I moaned and groaned about it a bit more, while looking at art supplies and other activities piling up around the house. Then my ever-so-amazing husband said "Why don't I just build you something quick with that load of old barn boards?" Really? O.k.
That will work! Sometimes it's just good to get organized (or "recognized" as Iris says). Now that the art supplies are right at our fingertips (and the littlest one doesn't have to be watched quite so closely) we can really get to work.
Hope something creative is happening in your world. Happy Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment