Monday, February 4, 2013
snow day
It snowed! We're back to winter here in Wisconsin. The girls are in heaven, sledding again. After hours of deliciously fat snowfall, we hiked under the heavy boughs. The crystals glittered everywhere. It was lovely. I took so many photos. Then my beloved Nikon D70 started giving me the dreaded "File does not contain image data" message. What?? Seriously? I'll admit there was a tad bit of late night use of not-so-nice-words as I tried to upload these potentially incredible photos. The long line of suspicious Sicilians in me were loudly whispering the whole while "in the future do not gloat about your lovely photos lest they be taken away from you". Yes, I had to deal with them too.
In the end, the photos you see here are, alas, not the glittering laden boughs of last snowfall, but some old stale photos from another year. Sigh. But, all is not lost, for on the heaviest day of snow, we crafted for hours. The bright and lively (and slightly blurry) middle photo you see here was the result of our good labor (and mysteriously spared by the Nikon D70). The girls had such fun adorning the wooden peg people with scraps of fabric, ribbons and paint. And then they played with them for hours. Another important lesson for mama: magic happens whether you catch it with your lens, or not.
Hope winter is glorious for you too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment