Andy returned yesterday from a three day meditation retreat. He looked rested and sunny (from walks in the woods and pastures at the retreat center). It was so good for him to go, it was so good to have him back.
We are doing all that we can to stay present and thankful in each day, but yet the scans and appointments of next week loom heavy. I am often able to go to sleep with comfort and positive thoughts but still I wake each morning with fear and panic in my heart.
Andy is feeling really quite strong in mind and body. An acquaintance recently told him he was amazed by his positive attitude in the face of this hard time. Sometimes I am as well, but but mostly I'm not. He has always been the anchor when our boat gets tippy. He still is and I couldn't be more grateful. I'm learning, in small ways, to anchor us too, because that's what this situation calls for.
I find a bit of space each morning to sit quietly and remember all we have to be grateful for, to ask for healing and strength, to envision that for Andy. Often I find my thoughts wandering to wishes of halting time right here, on this sunny day when Andy is feeling good. Of course it's impossible so instead I work on knowing that we can carry this strength and feeling of health into each day going forward.
And as always we are so thankful to all of you for holding us. For wishing and praying and thinking him well.
1 comment:
Jonel -
We are always thinking of you and praying. Thanks for keeping us in the loop so that we can send good thoughts and prayers.
Candy
Post a Comment