Thursday, January 15, 2009

more outside

It was Winter Festival weekend at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. Iris couldn't get enough "skating". She kept asking for her "own skates". Boy, that Minnesota hockey blood runs deep.


She wasn't quite as sure about the sled ride from good ol' bloodhound/sled dog Millie.

Meanwhile (at the auction fund-raiser that earns money for Kickapoo Reserve Education Programs http://kvr.state.wi.us/ -shameless plug) I won the bid for a most gorgeous handwoven wool and local alpaca scarf made by Susan Johnson of Avalanche Looms. I dare you not to drool. http://www.avalanchelooms.com

The next day Debbie and Bess are put to work at our friend's sledding hill.

These kids are going to expect a "chairlift" ride up every time! (Iris sandwiched in the middle.)

Hope your cold winter days are filled with fresh air and good friends too.

2 comments:

Debbie Pavick said...

susan's stuff is so great! lucky you. isn't this weather something? i kind of like it.

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

Jonel, Thanks for getting that scarf I wove!