Monday, May 25, 2009

happy

Friday was my 37th birthday. I came upstairs in the morning to a sweet card, home made birthday crown (with only 36 stars on it-he gets points for keeping me young) and big fat sourdough pancakes. My favorite. Iris was so excited to celebrate Mama's birthday and I was happy to share it with all my loves. Elsa turned two weeks on Friday too!

After breakfast I got some one-on-one time with this girl. She wanted to pack a "picnic" and head out to the tent. So that's what we did. We took "naps" in the tent and read books and giggled.


Somewhere along the line I got a cup of coffee and some time with this new book (birthday gift from my dad). I think I might have gotten a shower that day too!

Fresh asparagus
Fresh bread
And fresh spinach. (Note the awesome new straw hat that came as a sweet birthday gift from the Dailey/Sac clan. Doubles well as a bowl when I get to the garden without one!)

What more could one mama want?

3 comments:

Debbie Pavick said...

Jonel,

You look beautiful! Happy birthday.

Debbie

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

Happy birthday! You are a lucky, lucky girl! It's so fun to see your family adding in new, little Elsa. I wish you plenty of sleep this year

Carin said...

Happy belated birthday! :) Looks like you had a beautiful day. Couldn't ask for more. :)