Thursday, June 4, 2009
reality
I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone the other day and she was telling me how much she enjoys the photos on our blog. She was saying how it really looks like we are doing well, keeping things together, staying positive. Oh good, my photo framing is working. Ah, the art of "frame in the beauty, frame out the mess". O.k. let's be real. There is a NEW BABY in the house! Lest you think life is all sunshine and rhubarb crisp (more on that later) around here I thought I'd snap just a few reality photos this morning:
Big ol pile of (clean) laundry on the floor with the artful backdrop of unmade bed.
The "nursing chair" surrounded by Iris projects. You can see what I do all day; nurse, while we play "put the babies in the car seats and drive to Nina and Poppy's". I do the car noises.
Oh, you know what that is. And just in case you were wondering, I spared you the photos of me still in my pajamas at three in the afternoon with spit-up in my hair.
On to the positive, afterall that was kind of my intention with this blog (Can't we just call it an e-journal or something? Why does "blog" have to be such an unattractive word anyway? Coming out of my mouth it makes me think of something muddy, smelly and unidentifiable that's been dragged in by the dog.) Back to the intention. Frame up the lovely, the ordinary, the magically sweet moments of our life. For this little family. As a reminder of what is so good. Who has time to focus on the dishes or the laundry or what the dog dragged in when there are hikes to take, ground to explore and so many moments of awe.
Hope your dishes are piling up too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jonel,
God bless you! I love reading your blog but I was beginning to clean my house like mad after seeing how together you have it with a new baby and Iris! It is so good to see that your house looks much like mine does and I don't even have a little one that I am nursing so I don't know what my excuse is! Your blog makes me smile and it also makes me want to slow down more. Thank you for both! Have a great summer!
:)Mitzi
Post a Comment