
Oh I couldn't resist. It's the season for berries and I love it! First strawberries, then black raspberries, now red raspberries and maybe my very favorite (but really, how can one choose?), red currants. Admittedly, currants aren't the kind of fruit you eat by the handful, being a tad tart. But in my opinion, nothing surpasses them for jam,

or beauty- ruby jems that they are. (We make sure to leave some whole berries in the jam because they are so pretty and so perfect on your toast!)

Our young and humble bushes only produced enough for 3 jars this year. (We just toss them in the freezer, skipping the hot water bath. They keep just as well and it takes way less time, which seems to be an important consideration around here these days.) After raiding my mom's bushes I put up 4 more jars. So, that should last us about....7 weeks.
3 comments:
There's plenty hanging on the bushes right now, if interested!
There's plenty hanging on the bushes right now, if interested!
Your posts always make me miss living on a farm. Then I remember that I wouldn't be nearly as productive as your family! :) Beautiful photos, Jonel. :)
Post a Comment