Tuesday, February 2, 2010

another new chapter




Andy's topic and a good one it is. A new chapter: The Land of No.

Elsa:
"No you may not eat that wood chip"
"No you may not eat that ladybug"
"No you may not eat that old crusty noodle that has been under the refrigerator"
"No you may not drink the dog water"

Iris:
"No you may not go outside in your swimming suit" (serious head-hanging)
"No you cannot hoard all the toys under your bed"
"No you cannot lick the sink" ("but papa lets me lick it")
"No you are not in charge"

You see how it's been going around here. Elsa is on the move. Completely and fast. We can't keep up and fully admit she's eaten some, well, things WE wouldn't eat. Iris is trying hard to keep control of all her stuff and trying hard to learn how to share. Today when I talked to Andy on the phone from work every sentence was interrupted by "Hang on I gotta get Elsa" and " Iris please don't pull on her legs" or finally "I'll just talk to you later".

And yes, we let her stir the cobbler batter with a knife.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Echoes of the past...do you hear them Jonel?

Anonymous said...

Way too hilarious!!! You're blog is a bright spot in my day! Thanks for sharing it with us. LOVE the last line about the knife. We're talking, on the ground laughing! Keep it coming!

Carin said...

Ugh, I so feel your pain! Except Mason isn't on the move yet. I do love the last line about the knife. :)