Monday, January 9, 2012

holiday handmade and a hike (or two)

Sometimes it feels like I don't have much (or enough) time in my life for creative pursuits. But a little here and a little there really does add up to something. I put together this photo collage to remind myself of some of the gifts I, (o.k. we, Andy gets credit for the hand drawn stencil shirts) have created in the last couple years. It feels good to at least create a little something handmade to give at holidays and birthdays. And it gives me momentum to keep it up this winter. Something healthy happens in those quiet moments of creating.





Just like good things happen every time we get outside. And outside we have gotten! The weather around here has been pretty unreal. Mid to upper 4o's (hello, it's January!). Yesterday Andy and I did yard work! Without the ability to sled as we were doing last year at this time, we've been hiking and climbing trees and visiting beaver dams. It's all good. But a little snow would be most welcome too.

Here's to moving into winter. Happy Monday All.

1 comment:

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

Hi! I just had a nice little visit with your family looking at your recent blog posts. I hope for a little more snow, too