Pigs are here! Five again this year. I'm happy to report that we learned a lot from
last year's farming adventures and had no escapees this year. Not one. But there is a long summer ahead, so I won't count my piglets before they pig pile (which they do often, it's
so cute!).
In other adventures...Saturday was the only nice day we've seen in a long while around here. The girls and I were not going to let it go by unnoticed. We packed up our backpacks and headed out to the bird blind at the Kickapoo Reserve. Things are really happening there. We couldn't get enough. Northern Shovelers, Blue-winged Teal, American Coots, Pied-billed Grebes, Canvasbacks, Canada Geese, Mallards...we even saw the first Green Heron of the year and a few brave Painted turtles.
Here is a sweet page from
a book that is inspiring us a lot this spring.
Happy Earth Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment