Friday, August 2, 2019

do you know

Do you know
that Andy was the love of my life, that our lives were so intertwined that sometimes I couldn't even tell myself from him?
that we matched perfectly, that my impatience was his patience, that his groundedness was my dreaming, that my fiestiness was his calm, that his memory eased my forgetfulness, that my drive offset his procrastination, that his creativity could envision my ideas?
that when he died my heart broke into a million pieces and then his sweet soul swooped in and glued them back together and reminded me our love would endure forever and that we are always together?

And do you know
that he wanted me to love again?
that he gently reminded me that I had room in my heart for more love, that he wanted only for me to be happy, that he would never doubt our love, that we would have it forever?

And do you know
that I will never move on from Andy? There is no where to go, he is with me here always.
I will move forward with him.

Do you know
that should I be lucky to be loved again the way that I was loved by Andy, I will know that not only am I loved, but that Andy is loved as well, for Andy is the reason I am this woman of today and he is with me always.

Do you know
there is room in my heart for more love?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Jonel... I'm crying reading your words, as I often do, so touched by the beauty and that amazing love you shared. There is so much love in this world.

Carin said...

You are simply the best writer. And we all totally agree. Love you.